Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homeschoolers Appreciation {day 4} Cori


Today I'm going to be posting my interview with the lovely Cori. :)

{1.} First, Cori, would you mind telling us a little about yourself? Well, I'm a 14 (almost 15) year old living in a small town. I love to attend Church and youth group. I have many close friends whom I love dearly. My family consists of a 13 year old sister named Abby, a mom, a dad, two doggies and a kitty and I have a passion for writing and I hope to become an author one day. I also love to act and I've been told I was crazy silly and hilarious...haha that was an awesome compliment.

{2.} Have you been homeschooled all your life? If not, when did you start homeschooling? I've pretty much been homeschooled all my life. I went to pre-k and kindergarten. Since then I've been homescooled. I have tried a month of private school in 2nd grade and a month of charter school in 6th grade. I disliked it deeply. Though I'm not saying that school is horrible but it was certainly not for me.

{3.} What's one thing you would say is a benefit to homeschooling? Well, there are a few things but, no homework is definitely a benefit for me. That was the worst thing for me in my 2 months of school away from home.

{4.} What's one thing you would say is a downfall to homeschooling? Well, I guess it would have to be that you don't see your friends everyday like in public or private school.
I do get to see my homeschool and church friends as often as I can though. So, its not like I have no friends at all. Plus I'm part of a homschool group and a 4-H group.

{5.} Have you ever had any interesting experiences when someone asks you where you go to school, and you tell them you're homeschooled? If so, what? Haha, yes. One time a group of my homeschooled friends and I went to a local park during public school hours and some lady with her young kids asked us why we weren't in school and we told her we were (of course) homeschooled. She then responded saying, "oh, yeah I think that's what I used to say when I was in school to get away from it". That was probably the funniest one yet. Most of the time people believe me..lolz.

{6.} What's your favorite subject in your school? Why? English and grammar (I combine them) I've always loved that subject. It feels natural as opposed to math where I'm not the best. :D

{7.} Do you do school year-round, or do you take off whenever you need to? We mostly do school year round. We start in fall and usually go into summer. We've tried for as long as I can remember to continue all the way through summer but being as busy as we are we end up taking a break during July and August.

{8.} Why do you love being homeschooled? I just love the fact that God has blessed me with the opportunity to be away from the drama of public school and to have a great education at my own pace taught by my wonderful mom :)

{9.} If you had your choice, would you rather go to public school? NO WAY!

{10.} Is there anything you want to say to all the homeschoolers out there? If your ever having doubts about being homeschooled such as: you want to go to public school. Just pray to God for guidance. Maybe he is calling you to go to public for some reason. Or maybe he wants you to realize that he has blessed you with this opportunity.

Thanks for having me be a part of this great idea :)
Go homeschooling!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{this photo belongs to Cori} 

Hi peoples, I'm Cori and I am 14 years old and going into 9th grade.
I love God so much and love being a Christian.
I have one 13 year old sis and parents whom I love so much.
I've been homeschooled all my life and I love my friends and family.
I am an author in training and I love to blog. Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!Thanks for stopping by. With love, Cori :) 


Please visit Cori's blog. Just click the button over there -->. :) Thanks for letting me interview you, Cori! I had fun with it, and I hope you did too. :)

5 Greetings from Elven Friends

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Cori. My Homeshcooled life is alot like yours. :)

Alyson-Louise Belle said...

Lovely to meet you, Cori!

And, Eldarwen! I LOOVVEE the new pretties on your sidebar! My favorite is the Corrie Ten Boom one. She's one of my heroes. ^_^

<3
Aly

Cori said...

Thanks for interviewing me Eldarwen!
I had so much fun with it :)
God Bless,
Cori <3

Ivania said...

She has a cool blog!

love ya Eldarwen!
Gwen

Haley said...

I loved reading the interview! :)