Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Yay, it's that time of week again, when I can unleash my inner randomness. :)

{1}
I got a new phone. Yay! It's actually not a new phone, but it is to me. It's my mom's old phone, because she got a new one.
My phone may not be brand new, but at least it's better than my old one, which made the person on the other line sound like they were under water. lol :D

{my new phone actually has a gold keypad, not a grayish-silver one}

{2}
My parents are gone today at a doctors appointment for my dad, which reminded me I hadn't updated any of you on the condition of my aunt Sherry.
Turns out, her cancer did not come back, and that's not what is killing her. She has a disease called Panniculitis (I included a link to the Wikipedia page for it). The doctors have performed three surgeries (and will most likely perform more) to remove the Panniculitis, and so far things are looking good. There is a possibility she might live! :D  We just continue to pray for aunt Sherry and her healing.
Also, my other aunt who went to the emergency room had a kidney infection. She's home now and she's fine. :)
Thanks for all the prayers!

{3}
Does anyone besides me love Carmel Java Chillers from Sonic?


Look at that beautiful picture. It makes my heart beat faster than NASCAR. Ooh, the creamy, coffee goodness melts in my mouth and slides down my throat, making a very happy Eldarwen. I want one so bad right now! If only I had my drivers license. I could drive myself on over to Sonic and buy me one of them sweet hearts. Even though I don't like Caramel, my mom talked me into getting a Caramel Java Chiller, and I L-O-V-E-D it!! Happy hour at Sonic is probably my favorite time of day. It makes me very happy. :)

{4}
Who has a sock monster in their house?
I do! Every time I reach in my drawer and begin my trying search for a matching pair of socks, my hands always come out empty. I am creating a plan right now titled "How to Capture a Sock Monster". Clearly they come out at night, so obviously I must stay awake, late into the night, to catch one. I plan on getting my fishing pole, hooking a sock onto the end of it, placing it in my drawer and hiding under my bed (with the fishing pole of course), waiting for the monster to make its presence known. He probably enters through the window. Even though I always wake up at the slightest sound, these sock monsters are very skilled. They've done this for years, and they've had hands on training at the Sock Monster Training Center. Believe me, I know. I've done my research. When I catch one, I'll let you know. ;)

{5}
The weather has been in the 60s here. What is up with that? It's actually COLD outside. I think Texas has fallen off it's horse one too many times, because we don't usually get this weather until late October. But, then again, Texas has always liked switching around the weather every five minutes.

I don't mind the cool weather, though. I'm getting excited just thinking about Fall.
Thanksgiving, oh Thanksgiving! My favorite time of Fall. All the baking and decorating. Visiting family, laughing, apple cider... I can't wait!!

12 Greetings from Elven Friends

Carmel Elizabeth said...

Ooh, I had that exact same feeling. Even down here in the south, it is getting cold, when usually, that doesn't happen until about October 28th!

But I agree with you--I *heart* the cool weather. jeans, long-sleeved shirts, snazzy winter boots...the list goes on and on.

Blessings,
~bree

Ridge Auto Sales said...

Eldarwen,
I just became a follower last night! I'm a big LOTR fan too.I was wondering if you'd like to guess on my "guess that movie quote" post?
Your sister in Christ,
Liz Darcy
http://kayeli.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad your Aunt doesn't have cancer. My mom had cancer as a little girl and my grandma died from cancer when I was around 10/11. That sock montster is HALIORIOUS!!!!!!!!!! Did you draw it? The story/plan is great too. I have a sock monster too! We should make a blog "Plans to catch a sock monster" JK. I live in MN and it was i the 45-50 degrees last week, and this week it is in the 70's. Good greif! I wish that the weather would just choose a weather and stick with it for a month!

Emily Shae said...

Haha! I love that weather picture! That about sums it up for us here in Tennessee, too. Some crazy weather we're having, but it's a blessed change from 110 degrees this summer.

I will continue to pray for your dad, and your family.

Love,
Em

BARBIE said...

Your new/old phone looks like it's a fun one. Does it play music, take pictures? So thankful to hear about your Aunt Sherry. Continue to keep us updated. OMG, that Java Chiller is killing me! Looks so good! I might have to try one of those soon.

anna :) said...

fun!(: it's been cool here, too and i'm loving it!

blessings && smiles,
anna :)

Pink Panther said...

YAY FOR YOUR NEW PHONE!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D =D =D =D =D I'll have to call you on it one of these days. =D

I don't have a sock monster, but our dryer does eat left socks. >=P
=D

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Wow... okay, now I REALLY want a java chiller... thanks alot Eldarwen! :P

Love,
Bleah Briann

Eldarwen said...

Liz, thanks for following! :D I will definitely swing by your blog and check it out! ;)

Barbie, oh yeah! This phone is definitely more fun. It plays music AND takes pictures/videos. :) I love it!

Tay, call me! Call me! I will finally be able to hear you! I won't have to ask, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" and I won't have to laugh to make you think I heard you. lol :D

Oh, and Zoe, no. I didn't draw that monster. :)

Eldarwen said...

Samarah, I accidentaly deleted your comment. Sorry!! And yes, it WAS an accident. :) You can leave another if you want to. :)

MyVersionofArt said...

I like the look of the cellphone!
Those Java Chillers look so good!
Yes, up here is getting colder too...I LOVE it!

Allison said...

not lying about Washington or Nebraska weather, either! it really is THAT bad:)