Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thank You, Award, Warped Pics, Wipeout, and Update!

First of all I wanna say thank you all so, SO much for the wonderful, uplifting and encouraging comments!
It really, really helps! You have no idea what you're doing for me each time you click Publish Comment. :) *big, tight hugs*
Okay, I've got a lot to "sum up" in this one post, because tomorrow I'm going to be pretty busy with a friend of ours, whom you know at Mrs. K!! She's coming tomorrow to spend the day with us. I got a text from her this evening saying: "see you @ 9:30am with donuts." Rockin awesome! Okay, on to what my post is about...
Anne @ Farm Girl Ramblings awarded me with the beautiful Sunshine Award!!
I award:
Jessica @ Jessica Is His
and Bleah @ With Love & Kisses
Of course, because you are all lovely followers, if you have not received this award you are MORE THAN WELCOME to take it! It's yours. :)
Now, about the warped pics. I found a bunch of pics online that I thought were cool/pretty and I "warper" them using our picture editing software. I thought I'd share them with you because I think they're pretty rockin awesome (Bleah-bug, ya think I'm wearing that new "saying" out too much? Yeah, me too:)












So, which ones are your favs? I like the butterfly one and the crayon one. :)
Also, my sisters and I really enjoy watching Wipeout! Have any of you seen that show? It comes on channel 8. Of course, I live in Texas, so it may be different where ever you live. :) I don't know why it's so fun to watch. I guess I enjoy other peoples physical pain. LOL =D (No, that's not it:)
Anyways, mom called us a few hours ago and said dad isn't getting a Biopsy today. That really calmed my nerves, but he's still getting one. Goodness, I've been praying all day, constantly for it to go smoothly. I'm kind of scared, but I just keep thinking, "with God, ALL things are possible". I also wanted to (again) share one of my favorite verses. 
~Luke 11:10-13~ 
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
This verse is kind of like me and my mom's verse.... But, that's another story. :)
Anyways, so dad is not getting a Biopsy today. Tomorrow mom and dad are "meeting" with some neurosurgeons. Them and the doctors are going to try to decide who will do the surgery, and when. So, it might be later this week. *lets out deep breath* Wow. That felt good! I've been holding that in all day. Goodness. My nerves are on end.
I know I've said this like, three times already, but thank you all for the prayer and awesome comments! I'm so glad I have you all to help encourage me in my walk with the Lord!! I love you all! (And I can't stop saying that!!) My sisters and brothers in Christ, y'all are AWESOME!!
So, I guess I'll bow-out now. It's 8:37(pm) and I really should get some rest. I know, this is super early for me to get up, but Mrs. K is going to be here at 9:30am!! That's like, really early for me! :P Actually, I woke up at 7:30 this morning. lol =D Alright, I am just like my momma. We always say, "I'm gonna leave now", etc., etc. and then we end up talking for another five minutes. Haha! I love you momma!! Anyways, don't worry, I'm getting off now. Surprisingly, I am a bit sleepy. That's what happens when you stay cooped up in your house with your 17, a 12 (will be 13 next week) and 11yo sisters for three days. Aaaanyways, bye-bye now! Thanks again!! :D *big, big hugs* *blows kisses* G'night. :) 

17 Greetings from Elven Friends

Alex Maria said...

Nice pics! I *love* the butterfly (OH YEAH!) and the guitar one ^^

Wipeout. Is. Awesome. :D It's their expressions and reactions that make it so funny--well, for me atleast.

**The time I read "It's 8:37(pm)" it was 8:57 over here! So cool!**

I'll keep your family in my prayers! Goodnight! ;)

Blessings,
Alexandra

Mary said...

Love the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, what software d'ya use?
I love that verse and am praying for your dad!

Stephanie said...

I like the butterfly, guitar, and crayon pictures. Have fun tomorrow!! :)

~Stephanie

Renae said...

Hey Eldarwen,
I wanted to comment earlier, but I wasn't sure what to say. No I know. I wanted to tell you that I was reading you last post, "Update on Dad" and my momma was doing her work next to me. She started to scan what I was reading and asked me about you. I said that I found your blog through another person's blog and she said "We need to pray for her. Right now." So we did. We prayed for your dad's health, your family's unity and peace, and last but not least ofr God's presence to be with you all throughout the whole ordeal. I thought you might like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QemZQKKJbRU

Autumn said...

I'll keep praying for you and all your family. I hope your Dad gets better soon.
God Bless you and all your family
Autumn,

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Hey! If you love me... which I know you do. You'll go to Guin's Blog (because its awesome) at: www.guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com
and follow her, and tell her I Bleah Briann @ www.blonde4christ.blogspot.com sent you.

Thanks so much!

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Kelsianne said...

Hey Eldarwen! I think my favorites were pictures number 3, 4, 7, and 9. If you have some time, I'd love it if you visit my blog! :)
God Bless,

Kelsey

Golden Eagle said...

Wow! Nice pictures! :)

Mac and Kat said...

I am praying for your dad! I will also be praying for your whole family. Nothing is impossible with God! Have a great day!
In Christ,
~Mac

Anonymous said...

Thankyou! My favorite is number three. I hope your father is OK. I told my family and we were all praying for you. I hope you have a fun time with your friend/s. Have a great day.

delaney said...

Awww, thank you SO much for awarding me! :)

I love the butterfly picture! SO pretty!!


love in Christ,
Laney

Alex Maria said...

There's a contest over at Guin's blog!

*http://guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com/2010/06/150th-post-part-1.html*

So if you're not a follower already, would you mind following her (great) blog?

And if you do, please comment saying that I sent you there! I would really appreciate it :)

amy said...

I'm still praying, Eldarwen! Remember, the Lord is good...all the time, no matter what. I thought about that a lot when my dad was having his surgery. I hope everything goes well with your dad!

Oh, and here's a verse from a song I've been singing a lot recently...hope you like it :)

"I lay my wants on Jesus,
my advocate above;
He heals my broken body,
redeems my soul in love.
I lay my griefs on Jesus,
my burdens and my cares;
He takes them all upon Him
and in my sorrow shares."

(from "I Lay my Sins on Jesus by Horatius Bonar)

Love,
Amy

Anna said...

I awarded you this: http://faithfulcatholicgirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/prolific-blog-award.html

Praying for your dad, you and your family,
Anna

Anonymous said...

hope the biopsy goes smoothly and that the doctors can agree quickly about who/what/when/where/& how. :) I'll pray for you bunches!!

Luv,
Awel P.

p.s. love you and hope that God gives you infinitely more peace and comfort. :)

Katherine S. Cole said...

That butterfly picture is beautiful! Cool...
And I'm still praying for you all! Blessings, KS

Eldarwen said...

Guin, I really have no idea where we got the software from, I just found it uploaded onto my dad's computer. It's called Nero PhotoSnap. It's.... okay, but I am still trying to figure it all out, so I'm a "newbie". ;)

Renea, your comment brought tears to my eyes. It's so comforting to know that people are praying for my dad, and my family!! I will check out that video, thanks!! *big hugs*

Kelsey, thanks for sharing your favorites with me! :) I will be SURE to check out your blog, and welcome to mine! :) *hugs*

Laney, you're welcome!! :D

Amy, thanks so much for the encouragement!! I've never heard that song, but I loved the verse from it that you shared with me! Thank you!

Gracias for the comments everyone! I'm about to post and then you'll all be updated. ;)

Love,
Eldarwen