Monday, November 1, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{1} Well, not much has changed with dad. He's about the same. Tired, sleepy, a bit grumpy from the steroids and still in the Hospital. :) I just got off the phone with mom and she said they're tapering him off the steroids, using steroid pills (no longer the infusions) and it's making him really sleepy. I got to tell dad I love him and tell him goodnight, and he sounded like he was about to fall asleep. lol :D Dad will have two more treatments of plasmapheresis (which they do every other day) so if there's no complications (like, having to postpone one of the treatments because of low platelets) he should be home this Friday or Saturday. But you never really know until the doctor kicks 'em out. ;)
{not my photo}


{2} I babysat again today (go figure). And, praise God, it was a very good day!! I called mom before Munchkin's dad came to pick me up and asked her to pray for me and Munchkin, and she did. My sisters and I also pray together every night, and last night we prayed for me to have a good day babysitting. You see, Munchkin isn't always on his best behavior and when he isn't that means he's either sick, or his allergies are bugging him. But today and Saturday were very good days. I'm so excited and I am so thankful that God answered my prayers! :) 

The little munchkin himself. ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are some of his toys. He especially likes the green tractor in the basket. Tractors are his favorite. :)


{3} Bleah tagged me! Gracias. :)
one-- first book to leave a lasting impression? Why Pray?
two-- Which author would you most like to be? I dunno. I think I'd like to be me... as a writer. lol :D 
three- Name the book that made you want to visit a place: LOTR. Haha, I wanna visit Middle Earth! :D
four-- Which contemporary author will still be read in 100 years? Rick Riordan!
five-- Which book would you recommend to someone reluctant to try literature? Any book you can get your hands on! lol :D 
six-- Name your best recent literary discovery: The PJ series. :):):)
seven-- Which authors fictional world would you most want to live in? Well, it's not really a "world" but I would wanna live in Camp Half-blood from the PJ series!! :D
eight-- Name your favorite poet: I'm not a big poetry person, like Bleah.
nine-- What's the best non-fiction title you read this year? It Happened In Italy, which I still haven't finished. *slap*
ten-- What author do you think is much better than his/her reputation? uh.... Rick Riordan! lol :D Bet ya didn't see that one comin. ;)
 
{4} Wanna know what I did today?
School.
{not my photo}
Babysitting (of course:).
{not my photo}
Yeah right. I wish! :P
Chores.

{not my photo}
Hangin' wit my sistas! :P

{not my photo}


How was your Monday?

5 Greetings from Elven Friends

Abby said...

Sounds like a pretty fun week! We've been sick for a while.

I wish I could babysit more than I do. I love it!

We've been praying for your dad. I hope he gets better soon!

Abby :D

Anonymous said...

It is doing good. I am getting ready to watch one of my top 3 tv shows. A smooth monday

Unknown said...

Hey Eldarwen! I had fun reading your post. I had a lovely Monday myself...even participated in Miscellany Monday this week! I've been just super busy getting ready for college and studying for tests...I'm also working on several knit, crochet, and sew projects. I finished a skirt on Sunday and hope to start making an apron sometime today. Anyways, hope you have a lovely week! I pray that your Dad starts to feel better soon! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm praying for your Dad. :D

Elven Maiden said...

Aw, so cool! Oh and I'm having a giveaway on my blog! Check it out!

Love,
Mollie
elvenmaidenblog.blogspot.com